Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Technologies
Deploying and Configuring Infrastructure, Implementing Workloads and Security, Understanding Cloud Architect Technology Solutions, Create and Deploy Apps, Implementing Authentication and Secure Data, and Developing for the Cloud
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure resources, including deployment and configuration of virtual machines, virtual networks, storage accounts, and Azure AD that includes implementing and managing hybrid identities. You will also learn how cloud resources are managed in Azure through user and group accounts, and how to grant access to Azure AD users, groups, and services using Role-based access control (RBAC).
You will learn about the different storage accounts and services as well as basic data replication concepts and available replication schemes. Students are also introduced to Storage Explorer as a convenient way to work with Azure storage data. Students also learn the types of storage and how to work with managed and custom disks.
Azure blob storage is how Azure stores unstructured data in the cloud, and you will work with blobs and blob containers. In addition to blob storage, the course covers Table and Queue storage as storage options for structured data.
You will learn how to create and deploy virtual machines in Azure, using the Azure portal, PowerShell, and ARM templates. The course includes instruction on deploying custom images and Linux virtual machines. You will see how to configure the networking and storage components of virtual machines. Deploying highly available virtual machines is critical for planned and unplanned events, and you will learn how to use availability sets to ensure that virtual machine resources are available during downtime.
You will learn the monitoring tools and capabilities provided by Azure, including Azure Alerts and Activity Log. In addition to alerts and logs, you will be introduced to Log Analytics as an effective data analytics solution for understanding your system status and health. And perhaps the most exciting thing you will learn is how to use the Azure Resource Manager deployment model to work with resources, resource groups, and ARM templates.
Because this course is the first course in the series for the Azure Solutions Architect exams, there is a sizeable amount of introductory content presented to prepare students for the remaining courses in the curriculum. Students are provided with a lesson that covers tips and tricks for working in the Azure portal, as well as an introduction to key tools used in the Azure environment, such as the Cloud Shell and Resource Explorer. Emphasis is focused on PowerShell and the command line interface (CLI) as important skills to acquire not only in preparation for the exam but for the job role itself.
Successful Cloud Solutions Architects begin this role with practical experience with operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, billing, and networking.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Managing Azure Subscriptions and Resources
- Implementing and Managing Storage
- Deploying and Managing VMs
- Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Managing Identities using Azure Active Directory
- Evaluating and Performing Server Migration to Azure
- Implementing and Managing Application Services
- Implementing Advanced Virtual Networking.
- Securing Identities using Azure AD.
- Design and Connectivity Patterns
- Hybrid Networking
- Address Durability of Data and Caching
- Measure Throughput and Structure of Data Access
- Use shell commands to create an App Service Web App
- Create Background Tasks
- Use Swagger to document an API
- Create a reliable service
- Create a Reliable Actors app
- Hands-on with Reliable collections
- Understand the Azure Container Registry
- Use Azure Container instances
- Understand how to Implement authentication using certificates, Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, and tokens.
- Implement Role-aBsed Access Control (RBAC) authorization.
- Implement secure data for end-to-end encryption.
- Implement secure data for implementing SSL and TLS communications.
- Use Azure Key Vault to manage cryptographic keys.
- How to configure a message-based integration architecture
- Understand how to Develop for Asynchronous Processing
- Begin creating apps for Autoscaling
- Understand Azure Cognitive Services Solutions
Afternoon AZ-300T04 Creating and Deploying Apps