Excel Pivot Tables
Course length: 1/2 day(s)
This course is delivered using Office 2016. With the exception of the new modern look and touch screen support, there are few differences between the Office suites; therefore, users currently operating on Office 2010 and later will benefit from the material in this course.
Recent Comment about this class "I've been using Pivot Tables for over 11 years and I wanted a refresher to keep up with the new versions of the software. I learned quite a few things this morning. The class length was just right at 0.5 day. The instructor went at a quick pace but did not go too fast. If there were questions she gladly covered them in detail. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. She was an excellent facilitator, keeping the class on schedule and on task."
The more you know . . .”Knowledge is power” is a popular phrase, but it is still true. There is a need for business intelligence in order to make informed decisions. Consider what types of business intelligence you can discover from your Excel data.
Business intelligence is information that helps you to operate your organization more effectively. Collect as much data as you can, but limit what you analyze to what matters for the decision you want to make. A PivotTable is a report that will help you.
The topics in the Pivot Tables course are all related to managing data lists and using those lists to create pivot table reports that will help you analyze your data.
- Use the Name Box to navigate in data lists
- Change Move Direction and streamline the process for inputting data
- Use Screen Copy to create images from your data lists
- View Multiple Sheets and compare data
- Create Custom List to streamline the input process
- Convert Text to Columns to break data down into smaller bits
- Change Sort Order from Normal to Custom
- AutoFill Numbers to number a list
- Learn AutoFill shortcuts
- Create a Data Table List to preserve the integrity of the data list
- Create PivotTable and analyze your data
- Add to PivotTable to customize the report
- Change the information in the Pivot Table
- Change Calculation Functions
- Change Names in Heading
- Format PivotTable to enhance appearance
- Use Filtering in a Table
- Use Page Fields to show only desired information
- Refresh Table to update after changes to the original data
- Change Order of display
- Sort in PivotTable
- Add Sheet of Detail and reveal the backup to your numbers
- Create PivotChart to create a visual presentation
- Subtotals to add additional calculations
- Use Percentages of the calculated totals
- Change Detail to group data