Excel Mastering Charts and Graphs
Course Length: 1 day
Graphical representation of your data can be very useful when you want to want to make a comparison or pinpoint a trend at a glance.
This course is designed to teach participants fundamental through advanced charting skills in Excel.
Participants will learn how to arrange data in a spreadsheet so that it will display correctly in the chart of their choice as well as create and format basic charts and graphs.
This course explores examples of various charts available in Excel and how to select the most effective chart to visually convey your data.
Highlights of the course include: Advanced charting techniques such as mixing multiple chart types and plotting on three or more axis, producing specialized charts such as a Waterfall/Bridge charts or Pareto diagrams and building dynamic and user interactive charts and graphs using form controls.
This course is delivered using Office 2016. With the exception of the new modern look and touch screen support, there are few differences between the Office suites; therefore, users currently operating on Office 2010 and later will benefit from the material in this course.
Students should be comfortable navigating in Excel and have experience using formatting tools in Excel. Intermediate to advanced level experience using formulas and sorting and filtering data.
- Excel Foundation (Level 1) or equivalent knowledge
- Excel Intermediate (Level 2) or equivalent knowledge
Note: Students who take this course may also be interested in Excel Dashboards for Business Intelligence
Excel Charts Fundamentals
- Prepare data for chart
- Explore available charts and their uses
- Determine the best chart type for your data
- Arrange data correctly to build a successful chart
- Create and format basic charts
- Apply formatting to charts
Advanced Charting techniques
- Build mixed charts
- Produce charts with 3 or more axis
- Make chart templates to duplicate formatting
- Add trend lines to charts
- Chart non-numeric data
Create Specialize Charts
- Build and format Waterfall Charts
- Create a Pareto diagram
- Create interactive charts using form controls